This is a recipe that I have been waiting forever to find. Lemon, garlic and parsley that are infused and poured over salmon while it bakes in your oven in only 10 minutes! A one tray meal that is easy tp prepare, without any stove top to scrub or pans to wash.
I gather all the ingredients I am going to need for the recipe. Like I mentioned in past articles. I find it much easier to do it like this so I don’t have to run around the kitchen looking for stuff.
Mince the garlic.
Slice one of the lemons to place under the salmon on the baking sheet.
Squeeze the juice out of the other lemon to spread over the salmon.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with a light coating of olive oil .Arrange the salmon fillets in the middle baking pan.
Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
Place the asparagus on the sides of the salmon. Make sure the woody ends are removed from the asparagus.
Place the lemon slices under the edge of each salmon. Rub each fillet evenly with the garlic and parsley to evenly coat; sprinkle with parmesan cheese than pour the lemon juice over the salmon. Place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Then place on top rack and broil for 5 to 7 minutes or until desired color. Keep an eye that the salmon does not dry out or burn.
Serve with a side of rice, quinoa, or potatoes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
4 – 6 (6 oz. or 170 g) salmon fillets, skin removed
2 Tbsps. garlic minced
2 Tbsps. fresh chopped parsley
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Olive oil cooking spray
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody ends removed
1 lemon , sliced to garnish
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
2. Gather all ingredients that is going to be needed.
3. Mince the garlic.
4. Chop the parsley.
5. Slice one lemon thinly and juice the other lemon.
6. Clean and remove the skin of salmon.
7. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
8. Place the salmon in the middle of the baking sheet.
9. Place the asparagus on the sides of the salmon. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Arrange lemon slices under the edges of the salmon.
10. Rub each fillet evenly with the garlic and parsley to evenly coat; sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired. Then pour lemon juice over the salmon and asparagus.
11. Place in the oven for 8 10 10 minutes. Then place on top rack and broil for 5 minutes.
12. Serve with a side of rice, quinoa, or potatoes.